Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents
If you’ve been involved in a ridesharing accident involving companies like Uber or Lyft, Patrick Marshall Law, LLC can help. Ridesharing services from taxi-alternative providers Uber and Lyft are expanding at a surprising rate. Predictably, this ridesharing boom comes with an increase in ridesharing accidents.
Why Does Ridesharing Cause More Accidents in Alabama?
Many ridesharing accidents are due to the same factors that cause accidents in general. Some of the primary reasons for ridesharing accidents include:
- Inexperience. It has been speculated that ridesharing drivers lack the driving experience of, for example, taxi drivers. As a result, legislation requiring rideshare drivers to meet certain requirements has been considered or enacted in some states, and the ridesharing services themselves have implemented their own requirements as well.
- Distracted or Impaired Driving. Distracted driving is a leading cause of accidents. Rideshare drivers can be further distracted by their ridesharing app and passenger interactions. And, of course, driving while intoxicated is exceptionally dangerous for everyone on the road. So if your driver smells of alcohol or acts erratically, don’t get in or ask to be dropped off immediately at someplace safe.
- Fatigued Driving. As recognized by long-haul truck drivers, drowsy driving can be as dangerous as driving while intoxicated. Unfortunately, ridesharing companies often encourage ridesharing drivers to keep driving even when they are tired.
- Speeding. Speeding is always a primary cause of accidents for any type of driver. Rushing to get more calls can often lead to serious accidents.
- Violence. No one should be subject to violence from a driver. If you are trapped inside the vehicle, try to calm the driver down until you can get out of the vehicle at someplace safe. Uber and Lyft do background checks, but these checks are not guaranteed.
If You Or A Loved One Are Involved In An Uber Or Lyft Accident, Patrick Marshall Law, LLC Can Help
Don’t try to deal with the legal details on your own; the laws surrounding rideshare services are complex and constantly evolving. Ridesharing can be a safe, convenient, and relatively cheap alternative to driving. Still, accidents happen, and Uber and Lyft are constantly implementing new policies in response to legal issues they have faced. Nonetheless, if you’ve been involved in a rideshare accident, Patrick Marshall Law, LLC can handle the legal complexities for you. We can deal with the insurance companies and obtain the critical information needed to aggressively pursue compensation for your injuries. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.